The Michigan Amateur Hockey Association (MAHA) is a sanctioned affiliate of USA Hockey which supervises the activities of over 2,500 amateur hockey teams, and 50,000 playersand coaches using a volunteer workforce of elected and appointed officials. MAHA administers amateur hockey in Michigan through seven established districts. Each District is responsible for the local teams and Associations in their area.
If your interested in finding a hockey program in your area, simply enter your zipcode in the Find Hockey in Michigan tool on the left.
If you have specific questions and need to contact someone visit the Contact Us section of the website to locate the proper contact.
MAHA was organised in 1951 and was incorperated on May 28, 1964. The Charter Members of the organization were:
President - Fred Huber Jr. - Detroit
First Vice President - Henry D. Schubert, Dearborn
Second Vice President - E. L. Abbott, Sault Ste Marie
Secratary - Treasurer - W. J. Spence, Oak Park
Director - James G. Ward Jr., Escanaba
Director - Dr. Thomas Gilson, Ann Arbor
Director - Raymond Ulbrich, Marquette
Director - Jack Stoer, Grand Rapids
Director - Palmer Brevik, Calumet
Director - Arthur Dahlstedt, Marquette
Director - Carl Springberg, Cadillac
Director - Frank Gallagher, Flint
Director - John Lounsbury, Detroit
The purposes of this Association are:
The MAHA is a not-for-profit organization established under the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act. The principal office of the MAHA shall be in the State of Michigan.
- To develop and encourage sportsmanship between all players for the betterment of their physical and social well-being.
- To encourage and improve the standard of ice hockey in the State of Michigan.
- To affiliate with the USA Hockey and other hockey associations.
- To conduct ice hockey tournaments and to select representative teams for other tournaments.
- To do any and all acts desirable in the furtherance of the foregoing purposes.