MAHA Sanctioned Tournaments

MAHA sanctions hundreds of tournaments through out the course of the year. All invitational tournaments held in Michigan must secure a sanction and sanction number from the MAHA before a tournament is advertised or promoted or any tournament fees collected. All the sanctioned tournaments are listed on this website. To find a sanctioned tournament to play in click on the Tournament Search button at the left side of this page.  The tournament search will allow you to search for the level of play you are looking for as well as a date range you select.

 How to Host an Invitational Tournament

To Host a tournament fill out the required forms by clicking on the Host Tournament button at the left. When you apply to host a tournament you will need the following:

  1. All the pertinent information for your tournament. These include divisions offered, dates, tournament director contact information etc.
  2. A copy of the tournament rules in PDF format to be attached to the application
  3. $100 Deposit for invitatational tournaments and the $250 fee for 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 tournaments. This fee will be collected by PayPal at the end of the application process. PayPal accepts credit cards without opening a PayPal account. To pay using your checking account you must setup a PayPal account, which takes only a few minutes and is totally free.
  4. At the close of the tournament an email will be sent with a link to close out the tournament. Have a list of the teams that played with their USA or Canadian Team numbers ready in a PDF Format to upload.  Upload the needed information and pay the remaining fee via PayPal.
  5. If you have to cancel a tournament after it is sanctioned, click here for our refund policy.

For an overview of the requiremnents to host a tournament click here.

Canadian Tournament Application Form (Travel Permit) $10 fee required

Any team participating in Canadian Tournaments must complete the Canadian Tournament Application form together with a 10.00 application fee. To complete the form click on  Canadian Travel Permit on the left.  This must be completed prior to your departure or your USA Hockey insurance will not follow you to Canada and you will be turned away by the Canadian Tournament Director as it will compromize the Canadian teams as well.  When entering tournaments in Canada, we recommend that you ask the Tournament Director if the tournament is a sanctioned tournament.  When you apply for a Canadian Tournament permit you will need the following:

  1. All the pertinent information for where and when you will be playing in Canada
  2.  The $10 application fee will be collected by Pay Pal at the end of the application process.


CANADA/UNITED STATES Travel Permit for Exhibition Games (No Fee)

A permit is required for all exhibition games played in Canada.   This permit has a date of issue and date of expiration.

To apply for this permit please submit the following information:

1) Proposed game dates 

2) USA Hockey Team Name

3) USA Hockey Team Registration Number (Can be found on your certified roster)

4) Classification (Mite/Squirt/ Pee Wee, Bantam, Midget) Girls (8U/10U/12U/14U/16U AND 19U) (B, BB, A, AA, AAA,)

5) Chief Officer (coach, manager or responsible person for the team)

6) Address (coach, manager or responsible person for the team)

7) Telephone (coach, manager or responsible person for the team)

8)  email address (coach, manager or responsible person for the team)

Submit via email to  your local Associate District Registrar or Bob Yohe, Michigan Registrar  at