Section 1 – Coaching Code of Ethics (To be Completed by All Coaches Only)
The Coaching Ethics Code is intended to provide both the general principles and the decision rules to cover most situations encountered by coaches. It has as its primary goal the welfare and protection of the individuals and groups with whom coaches work. This Code also provides a common set of values. It is the individual responsibility of each coach to aspire to the highest possible standards of conduct. Coaches should respect and protect human civil rights, and should not knowingly participate in or condone unfair discriminatory practices.
In order to be eligible to coach or instruct in any MAHA/USA Hockey activities (practices, clinics, games, tournaments, tryouts, etc.), all coaches (head, assistant, Student Coach and instructors) must agree to abide by the USA Hockey Coaching Ethics Code. To be rostered as part of a team a coach must review the Code of Ethics by clicking the link below. You must then fill in you personal information and agree to follow the code by clicking submit. An email will be sent to you verifying you completed the necessary steps. That email should be turned into your registrar with you other paperwork.
Download the Coaching Ethics Handbook by clicking this link:
USA Hockey Coaching Ethics Code
All fields are required.
By Clicking submit
- I certify that have read and agree to abide by the USA Hockey Coaching Ethics Code.
- I certify that I understand that violations of the Coaching Ethics Code may result in full or partial forfeiture of my coaching privileges in programs sanctioned by USA Hockey and/or its affiliate, the Michigan Amateur Hockey Association.
- I further understand that lack of awareness or a misunderstanding of an ethical standard on my part is not a defense to a charge of unethical conduct.
Section 2 - Background Screening
The safety of its participants is of paramount importance to MAHA & USA Hockey. This includes not only on-ice safety, but also off-ice safety in any part of our programs. MAHA has long had systems in place to protect its participants from physical abuse, sexual abuse and other types of abuse and misconduct that can be harmful to youth hockey players. These include without limitation Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Screening, Locker Room Supervision and Hazing Policies, in addition to Codes of Conduct applicable to administrators, coaches, officials, parents, players and spectators.
An Important part of our SafeSports program is the volunteer background screening, which has been in place for many years. MAHA & USA Hockey’s screening policy includes set criteria for which a person may be disqualified and prohibited from serving as an employee or volunteer of MAHA/USA Hockey. Under the policy, MAHA will not authorize or sanction any employee or volunteer who has routine access to children unless that person consents to be screened and passes a criminal background screen conducted by the Affiliate or USA Hockey.
New for the 2013 – 2014 Season
MAHA is switching background screening providers and going to a new screening vendor. Instead of an annual screening, the new background screening will be good for two years. The new screening scans a wider range of databases and is processed much quicker than our old system. We feel this new program will better protect your children. There will be a $10 cost to process your background screening. The fee will be collected through the website when you enter your information.
The following persons will be screened in accordance with this policy:
- Members of the MAHA Board of Directors
- Local Association / Club administrators and board members
- Team managers
- Locker room monitors
- Team bus/van drivers (unless professional transportation companies are used)
- Travel chaperones
- Billet Families
- Anyone with routine access to youth participants
Click here to begin your background check
Problems With Your Background Check? Here Are Some Tips!
1. If you are having problems with your confirmation, ie; No date or Name,
Log back in to Sport Ngin dashboard and reprint your confirmation. If you go to purchased items, then click on order #, then in upper right hand corner you will see print confirmation;
2. If you have not received your email confirmation that you have passed, you can do same as above and your reprint should have your status if it has been at least 3 days, or you can email or call Sport Ngin support;
Sport Ngin support help: firstname.lastname@example.org, 888.255.7840 option 3
3. Background checks are good for two playing seasons. If you applied in the 2013 – 2014 season you will not need to submit another check until the 2015 – 2016 season. If you need a duplicate copy of you background check for a new roster anytime in between, please follow the procedure above in #1 to reprint your background check.
4. If you cannot log in or you have forgotten your ID or password or have a statement saying you already have a login ID you can reset your ID or password by emailing to email@example.com.
Forgot password link: