skip navigation

MAHA Update (Friday, March 13)

By MAHA Staff, 03/13/20, 11:45AM EDT


MAHA held an emergency call Thursday evening regarding COVID-19 and its effects on the current state of hockey.  As you are aware, everything is very fluid and can change in a moment’s notice.

As of 8:30 p.m. Thursday night:

  • Try-outs dates are still in effect. The try-out dates will not be moved forward. March 23 is the start date for non-national bound teams and April 7 for national-bound divisions. There should not be any activities such as evaluation skates, or any type of tryout or recruiting activities taking place until that time.
  • The state playoffs are canceled and all teams who were to participate in states should start to see refunds coming back from the hosts soon.  
  • District Selection Camps and Team Michigan tryouts for boys are postponed but are looking to be rescheduled. No definitive time table as of yet.
  • Player Selection Camps for girls, scheduled for April 17-19, are still on at this point.
  • The Michigan Midget Festival in May and the Bantam Player Selection Camps in June are also unaffected at this point.
  • USA Hockey has not stopped hockey as of now. Both USA Hockey and MAHA are allowing associations/teams to make their own decision on continuing to play or not. All associations should be following any city, county, and/or State of Michigan guidelines in determining next steps.
  • LCAHL and Adray have postponed all events and activities for this weekend.  


Please note, everything is fluid at this unprecedented time. USA Hockey and MAHA are actively working with the CDC, WHO, and local states in determining the best course of action in helping prevent the spread of the virus.

The MAHA Executive Committee will continue monitor the situation and meet as changes occur. Additional postponements and cancellations may become necessary as things change. We will continue to keep you informed as the situation changes.